Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

A day late - I know - late as always! Story of my life! I hope everyone had a nice New Year's Eve! We had a low key one here - sparklers, a movie and a nice dessert. At midnight the neighborhood crazies came out with their fireworks bonanza. It was hysterical - my husband was getting whiplash looking from one direction to another to catch the rockets and other displays. Two guys were running through the cul-de-sac with what looked like baseball bat size sparklers! They were huge! I watched for a bit and then went back to scrapping!

Lots of scrapping lately! I have a bunch of layouts I want to share but first I want to tell you about my new Sketch/Template challenge. I have taken over the Sketch Challenge that Eva Kipler was hosting at Digital Freebies! I am so excited and hope that you join me there - pick up the sketch and create a layout that you love! Take a look at the sketch for the first half of January.



To participate go over to Digital Freebies and check out this thread! Here's the layout I did using the sketch:



Credit: Makin Trax kit by Heather Roselli; Rick Rack by Melissa Bennett; Alpha by Melissa Bennett and Tape by Paula Duncan.

I have lots of scrapping energy these days so I have entered myself into all kinds of crazy challenges. Not sure how long I will keep up but one of them is the Big Picture Scrapbooking's Layout A Day for the month of January. This one will be a huge feat if I do it! We'll see. Here are my 1st 2 layouts:


Credit: All Bundled Up by Heather Roselli; Photo Cluster Frame by Nancy Comelab and Paper Tears by Jen Caputo


Credit: I did this for the Scraplift Challenge at 1-2-3 Scrap; Kit is Makin Trax by Heather Roselli.

And I've decided to do a Photo-A-Day challenge. Go Digital Scrapping is having a challenged called "Project 365." It is obviously daily. And then 1-2-3 Scrap is having a weekly Photo A Day Challenge. I guess that is actually a Photo-A-Week challenge but either way I am definitely going to participate in that one too. Here is my photo for yesterday:



I had to run up the street to get this one. From our house we can't actually see the horizon so I jumped in the car with dinner in the oven and told DH to watch the kids while I went to take my photo. I love having the barbed wire in there. I did that intentionally - it is much more interesting than a straight sunset.

If you all know of any great altered challenges, I would love to know about them. 1-2-3 Scrap has a monthly altered Challenge and I will do that but I'd love to know of others! So link me up if you know of one!

That's about it for now! Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one!

No comments: